Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Double Take.

Melanie and Lisa decide to each write a quick post on the same video:



Melanie Whitehouse, Media Assistant/Stanton & Everybody
It's my interpretation that this video's overall message emphasizes how quickly everything changes. The way we seek information is changing, the way we entertain ourselves is changing, even the way we meet our future spouse is changing. Not only are the trends interesting, they are relevant to they way we approach advertising. If consumer behavior is always changing, shouldn't we, as advertisers be too?

Lisa Dahlby, Project Manager/Stanton & Everybody
This video reminds me what a global society we are but how small technology has really made us. In 1998 I had to wait in line to use a calling card at a public phone to talk to my parents through a static-filled connection for 10 minutes from Spain. 13 years later, I Skyped with a friend working for the summer in Israel for over an hour last night. For free. I Twitter with companies all over the US. Not to mention Google: Numerous answers to pretty much any question you ever had. Immediately. I found the most interesting statistics on this video to be the number of Google searches and that Bermuda was #1 for internet penetration. Keep in mind the population of Bermuda is around 67,000 and the average income is nearly 60K. Yes, I googled that.


We'd love to hear your quick take in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment