Tuesday, October 5, 2010

TV Advertising At the Gas Pump


By: Lisa Dahlby
Account / Project Manager

I was in Denver this past weekend and when I stopped to refuel my rental car, I encountered my first experience with Gas Station TV advertising. Right on top of my pump was a 13” TV running mixed news, weather, sports and advertising content. Apparently they have been around for awhile, but I have yet to see gas pump advertising in Seattle. I was there for a little over 5 minutes and when I pulled away, I knew the Seahawks had lost, it was going to 75 in Denver Monday and there was a sale on Coke products inside the convenience store. I wonder how this would work for longer format commercials, like
:30 or :60. Would you as a user tune out if the spot was too long? Have you seen these TV’s at your local gas pump?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13149971/

No comments:

Post a Comment