Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday's Favorite Advertising Movie


By: Kristie Frey
Business Manager

I have a confession…I don’t watch much TV and I rarely go to the movies. So writing about my favorite advertising movie is a bit of a stretch for me. Good thing it rained a lot this past week; I was able to watch quite a few old movies.

The advertising themed movie I liked best was the 1992 comedy, “Wayne’s World”. Not because it was good, but purely because it was funny and made me laugh more than once. The movie is silly and relies on juvenile humor. Wayne's World was originally a recurring sketch from the NBC television series Saturday Night Live. It is about the adventures of two aimless metal-head friends, Wayne (Mike Myers) and Garth (Dana Carvey). Every Friday night at 10:30PM they host “Wayne’s World”, a public access TV show from Wayne’s parent’s basement. The show catches the attention of the sleazy TV advertising executive Ben Oliver (Rob Lowe), who wants to take over the show and sell advertising to an arcade owner, as well as take over Wayne’s girlfriend.

In case you’re like me and don’t watch many movies, I won’t give the endings away. “Wayne’s World” was made just for fun. Watch it again… I bet you’ll laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment