Monday, March 21, 2011

How Chobani's Brand Story Stays Consistent


By: Lisa Dahlby
Account/ Project Manager


Chobani. I see it everywhere. Recently, it’s been impossible to escape the billboards, social media and now TV spots about the love people have for their yogurt. I’d never even heard of it until recently and I couldn’t figure out why until I found this New York Time’s article from February 16. The advertising budget grew from no ad budget in the first 3 quarters of 2010 to over $13 million in first quarter of 2011. No wonder I know who they are now! I decided to do what they wanted this weekend —create trial at store level-- and so I bought some yogurt: the strawberry, vanilla and blueberry Chobani to be exact. I noticed in the Whole Foods check-out line that both the guy ahead of me and the woman behind me were purchasing Chobani too. First time trials thanks to the advertising or “facebook-liking, my favorite flavor is black cherry” converts, I wondered? I think one thing Chobani is doing just right is staying true to their brand across all mediums-- Quirky people who love their yogurt. The brand story is consistent and they aren’t relying on just one source to spread the word. And the yogurt’s pretty tasty too.

Source: nytimes.com
chobani.com


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. Those are some good flavor choices. Hope you continue to enjoy!

    Emily, Communications Manager, Chobani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Emily. Great product! I'm hoping to sample lemon and honey next. But my local Whole Foods doesn't carry those flavors. I'm on the hunt!

    Lisa, Account/Project Manager

    ReplyDelete