Friday, August 28, 2009

Knee Slapper, Head Scratcher

(Thad Tichenor, 2009)

Thad Tichenor, Art Director/Stanton & Everybody

Groin hits, comb-overs, walking in swim flippers . . . there are a few universally accepted scenarios that are guaranteed to elicit a chocolate milk spewing from your nose reaction. In the ad business, you never know when you’ll need to draw on one of these, so I’m compiling a list and I need your help. I’ll get the ball rolling, starting with the items listed below, but I need some feedback and suggestions. And yes, I know that there are some things that aren’t so funny when they’re happening to you, but let’s be honest—even a man leaned over a doctor’s table singing “Moon River” can see the humor in his predicament. Anyway, let’s keep it as tasteful as possible, and see what we can come up with.

1. Groin Hits

2. Comb-Overs

3. Walking in Swim Flippers

4. Hemorrhoid Donut Cushions

5. Sneezing Causing a Fart

6. Underwater Ballet

7. Shoulder Nipples from Wire Hangers

8. Adults in Water Wings

9. Wedgies

10. Prostate exams

11. Bad Karaoke

12. ???

So, what do you think? Can you come up with any more (Funniest suggestion gets a free hemorrhoid donut cushion)?

3 comments:

  1. Monkeys, specifically Chimpanzees. Chimpanzees in human clothing in advertising is gold. I have finally accepted the fact that I will never get to make a commercial with a Chimp, it is one of the most disappointing self-realizations of my career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had the sneeze/fart problem but, many women can tell of the sneeze/pee problem!Tripping is always funny, and the sit-up fart. Love the shirt shoulder nipple one. What about dogs scooting their butts across the carpet. Funny when it's not your dog.... or your carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toilet paper stuck to the foot, or dress tucked into pantyhose. Classic bathroom humor that never gets old. I'm going to have to use that one in our next email somehow...

    ReplyDelete