Thursday, April 30, 2009

So, what is Twitter anyway?

Melanie Whitehouse -- Media Assistant/Stanton & Everybody Advertising + Design

What is Twitter? A question I have heard countless times in the last 6 months. Explaining Twitter to a social media maven is simple: It's just like a facebook status update. But explaining Twitter to someone like my mom, who refers to facebook as "MyFace", is a bit more difficult.
Like the title suggests, this video illustrates Twitter in plain English. My major take-away from the video is that the purpose of Twitter is to "make us feel connected" by answering the question, what are you doing? Do you care that I am heading to Starbucks for the 7th time today? Maybe not. Do you care that I just finished the best book I've ever read? Maybe.

Either way, it's a way to stay connected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddO9idmax0o

No comments:

Post a Comment